Powered by Max Banner Ads 

Promontory Pointers

Winnie Richman
Leader Correspondent

Elder Orson and Sister Jeannette Poulsen are home from their mission! We will be hearing about their experiences over the next few weeks.
It needs to be said that a miracle has happened to Jeannette’s eyes. She first experienced severe headaches and went to the doctor back there. He sent her to the hospital instead of just giving her pain medication. The hospital immediately ordered an MRI on her brain. The results came back positive for a growth on her pituitary, under the optic nerves. She was immediately in surgery.
She was told that the optic nerves don’t usually repair themselves and she might be almost blind. However, the surgery went well and her optic nerve did repair itself. She can now see normally. Before her surgery, she called Bishop King and asked him to have ward members here pray for her. The growth removed was benign, so she will only need an MRI in six months, and then a year later. Jeanntte wants to give a big thanks for the prayers offered in her behalf.
Laura Wheatley, along with husband, Zane, and his parents and daughters, Everly and Georgia, drove  to Newport, Ore. While there Laura met with a Bear River High School friend and her two little girls.
The Wheatley family saw some sea lions and actually got to play with some edible crabs. The girls were told to be careful of the claws, but if the crabs could be turned over onto their backs they would relax when their tummies were rubbed. While playing on the beach the girls made sand castles and deep holes. They also collected “beach treasures.”
This year Starr Mitchell drew out her first pronghorn doe antelope permits. She quietly got within range of them and shot them. She already has them turned into tenderloins and sausage in her freezer. Jim went with her. Rosie, the dog, went, too, and behaved very well.
Ashley Mitchell called Jim and Starr with the great news that daughter Gabriella had said her first complete sentence: “Bye, bye Daddy,” when Steven left the house for work.
Winnie Richman had a quiet Monday and Tuesday at home. She started stocking 54 bales of 3×3 size bales of hay on Tuesday afternoon. They don’t stack as neatly as larger bales.
On Wednesday Winnie and Carolyn Carter enjoyed their art class. After art Winnie and grandson Skyler went over his piano lesson and passed off several pieces.
Saturday Winnie drove to Brigham City to attend great-grandson Jayden’s third birthday party. Grandma April cooked hamburgers and hot dogs for everyone. Jayden loved opening his presents.
On Sunday, Kevin Wells cleaned out a water hole for Clynn at the Double S Bar Ranch’s winter pasture.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *