Powered by Max Banner Ads

Tremonton man critical after crash

truck-P8220013motorcycle-P8220006

A Tremonton man is in critical condition after the motorcycle he was driving collided with a truck on August 22.

Blayne Cooper, 57, was driving his 2006 Kawasaki northwest on SR-102 near the intersection with Faust Valley Road when a 1996 GMC pickup truck, driven by 18-year-old Joshua Spicker of Bothwell pulled out in front of him, according to witnesses. Cooper was not able to stop and suffered multiple injuries.

According to Utah Highway Patrol, Spicker has a suspended driver’s license and is being investigated for driving under the influence.  One male passenger in the truck, an 18-year-old male who also had been drinking alcohol, suffered a broken nose.  No one else in the truck was injured.

Cooper was transported to Bear River Valley hospital by ambulance and later transported by Life flight to McKay Dee Hospital in Ogden.  He has multiple broken ribs, his legs were shattered, has possible broken arms, punctured lungs, broken hip and his spleen has been removed.  As of Friday he was still unconscious and in critical condition.

An investigation is ongoing.

29 comments for “Tremonton man critical after crash

1. MeriKae
    August 23, 2013 at 2:13 pm

What time?

2. theleader
    August 23, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Report said about 5 a.m.

3. DarkShade
    August 23, 2013 at 5:23 pm

that is not what happend

4. Neli Cooper
    August 23, 2013 at 5:31 pm

Really Dark Shade? my brother is fighting for his life.

5. Neli Cooper
    August 23, 2013 at 5:34 pm

My only brother, is fighting for his life! A man that has done nothing but good with his life. His six sisters & family love him more than you can ever know!

6. DarkShade
    August 23, 2013 at 5:41 pm

you were not there so you don’t know what happend!

7. Neli Cooper
    August 23, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Witnesses do! We have the report!!!!!

8. Martin
    August 23, 2013 at 7:07 pm

Darkshade how would you know what happened were you there? Were you one of the individuals in the truck? I know this family and I know this individual. Neli my family’s prayers go out to you and your family. I hope Blaine recovers he is a wonderful man. and did not deserve this to happen to him.

9. Josh M
    August 23, 2013 at 8:13 pm

Dark shade (hiding behind a fake name) You need to stop tying! These people have suffered enough stop adding to it!

10. ginger
    August 23, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Darkshade, you’re a little punk. A man is fighting for his life, and you are trying to defend the irresponsible actions of kids who’s parents should have beat them more when they were growing up. I am sure that this story is correct because that truck has cut me off multiple times while speeding down my road.

11. Neli Cooper
    August 23, 2013 at 10:24 pm

I’m not angry but very hurt & sad. Our actions have consequences my brother is receiving many miracles & blessings from people that have made good choices & use their hard earned knowledge to help God perform the miracles. I do look forward to you receiving your consequences from skilled lawyers & law enforcement. Believe me you won’t be the first cocky no it all’s to go to prison for harm done to our wonderful family. Hopefully when you grow up you will realize what you have done & be sorry instead of defensive. I forgive you but do not feel sorry for anything you will suffer in consequences.

12. K
    August 24, 2013 at 7:51 am

I was one of the two people who gave their statements that morning. I was the one who was following Blayne. Neil, you brothers story is safe. I know what happened. I will never forget what I saw that day. Don’t listen to that little twit.

13. Heather
    August 24, 2013 at 8:44 am

Many prayers for Blayne and his family. He is such a wonderful, giving person who would and has done so much for others with no thought of gain. Any news on his condition today?

14. Neli Cooper
    August 24, 2013 at 8:44 am

Thank you we know that Blayne was not in the wrong & feel very sad for those that witnessed the horror. We are grateful to everyone that took their time to help & will always remember the first responders & those that called for help. My brother is the kind of person that helps everyone he’s a lot like our dad was. About a month ago we moved our mom in with us to take some work load off of Blayne believe me he has always taken care of our mom & all of us as well as strangers. My mom’s heart is broken he is her only son as our other brother her first born died at 3 day’s old. My concern is his life is changed forever he lives to work hard & help others that is taken from him with so many injuries. It’s obvious they have no feelings for others or se theyouldn a suspended license & drunk they are use to no consequences & think they are entitled people too.

15. Neli Cooper
    August 24, 2013 at 8:50 am

Sorry for typo in that last message it was sent from my entitled phone that does whatever it pleases too.

16. troy taylor
    August 24, 2013 at 11:44 am

Neil I live next to blayne. He is a great guy best neihboor I have ever had. Please tell Tami to contact me if they need anything 435_230_3933. We are working on setting up schedule to keep his yard and everything up. If Milo needs watched or anything don’t be afraid to ask he does so much for his neighbors we will be happy to do what ever Tami and bayne need to help them get through this. I am sorry this happened

17. Neli Cooper
    August 24, 2013 at 10:31 pm

All surgeries have gone well he has more to go he is still in the ICU & will be most likely for along time. He is improving a little each day he had a good start of today improving then slipped a little but still better than thursday Thanks for all your concerns. The kids have figured out the dog they told me the plan but I’m not sleeping well or remembering what they said. My son lives close to Blayne too & I told them he could help. I’ll give Tami the number.

18. Danny
    August 25, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Neil, I work with Blayne everyday. We are all pulling for him. If you guys need anything let us know!

19. jimmy
    August 25, 2013 at 6:36 pm

I hope they can finely get that low life punk off our streets. Bothwell is a nice quiet place and we don’t want people like him around.

20. Nichole
    August 26, 2013 at 12:50 am

Hello,
    I do not know Blayne or his family, but God does. I found his story this evening on my Facebook page, after I read it aloud to my husband, he and I prayed for Blayne and his family. We will continue to keep Blayne and his family in our prayers, we put them on our churches prayer chain as well. May you know God’s Blessings, May His Light and Love be upon you, and May His Peace and Healing always be with you!

21. Stac
    August 27, 2013 at 7:38 am

Too bad for Blayne. I am sorry for all of your pain, and your family’s. I was in a horrible wreck a while back, but nothing like he is going through. I had to fight to live though, and the guy was so sorry it happened. Why is it that people in the wrong get so defensive? Why is it that we have to cover our mistakes, instead of owning up to them, and doing our best to fix them? Mine was truly an accident, not a drunk and not a speeding wreckless person. God gives us challenges, and we don’t always understand why things like this happen, and we often question him of why, and can I plz talk to you?, but we will know later on, and the person who cannot own his/her mistakes, will know pain, unlike anything we have to go through here. All of us are guilty of something, I hope they take care of this in the judicial system. My sister said,”that Mr Spicker should be in jail until Blayne is healed, and pay all medical expenses. (Mine were more than 250,000 dollars in the first 4 months, and 12 m ore surgeries since that.) Not just suspend his licence. Anyone drinking with him, and letting him drive also should pay in some way. Community service, fines, and jail time.

22. Neli Cooper
    August 27, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Thank you all, the last few days have been hard with complications. I stopped to see Blayne on my way home from my 3-10 shift last night I sat with him & he woke up & communicated with me from his eyes for a good long time. It was the most spiritual experience I have ever had & do not want to share it here. He opened his eyes for mom today & has communicated with his facial features & eyes we are more than happy. My joy was so great last night that I Tigger bounced out of there. I say that because Blayne was the only boy as a child he would head towards us singing, “The most wonderful thing about tiggers is I’m the only one.” he would pounce on us and hold us down because he was stronger & tickle us to death.

23. August 28, 2013 at 10:37 am

All of us in our little cul-de-sac think we live in the best place with the greatest neighbors. Blayne is a steller neighbor and puts into action what he believes in his heart. He is a true example of charity, the pure love of Christ. He’s the first to help dig out in a snowstorm, the first to help in emergencies, ready anytime to help with anything. We have been so grateful many times that he can fix anything and has the tools to do it. His friendly walks around the block to stop and vist for a few minutes are always a treat.

Paul and I are grateful that many blessings and tender mercies have been with Blayne and Tami through this horrible tragic ‘accident’. We pray daily for his continued healing, strength and courage. We seriously will do anything to help, our #225-4484. Thanks for posting updates.

24. Neli Cooper
    August 29, 2013 at 12:08 am

Thank you for all your kind words & prayers. I haven’t heard for sure but I believe today was finally his last day of surgery for a while his nurse told me tonight he thinks tomorrow is finally a day off from surgery. He is improving but still in ICU he was very sleepy with no signs of waking tonight when I visited tomorrow is my day off so I hope to see him more.

25. Jazmyn
    August 29, 2013 at 12:19 am

It warms my heart to hear that he was awake with eyes opened today & that he is doing better. I attended S Weber institute with Shane & Sara … I remember hanging out with Shane & Nate a lot before he got married … always knew Blayne was a good guy even though as my friends dad I didn’t know him very well … My thoughts & prayers have been with you all! God bless! !

26. Neli Cooper
    August 29, 2013 at 11:37 pm

He wakes but is still in very critical condition. Please continue to pray. He has a long way to go & it’s just not fair.

27. CB
    August 30, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Josh isnt a bad kid i know he feels horrible for what happenend

28. Neli Cooper
    August 30, 2013 at 10:51 pm

Yeah funny, what would be a bad kid in your eyes? They don’t suspend licenses for no reason. Underage drinking & driving does not qualify him as a good kid. Same stupid … the loser parents said of the boys that shot & killed our sisters husband. I really don’t want to hear he’s a good kid & he’s most likely only sorry for the consequences he will receive. Good kids don’t do what he did.

29. Neli Cooper
    August 31, 2013 at 10:19 am

If Josh is a good kid I ask him to stand up & except responsibility & not try to lie his way out of it. I know he’s a kid but now please stand up & be a man. Maybe God is protecting both families from the stupidity of youth.