Powered by Max Banner Ads 
Willard man injured in fire | the Leader

Willard man injured in fire

Tuesday, July 24, 2012
By theleader

A Willard man suffered first and third degree burns over 40 percent of his body in a fire that occurred Saturday morning inside a shop near his home.

Willard Fire Chief Van Mund said the 24-year-old man, whose name is not being released, told responding officers he was smoking in the shop while filling a riding lawnmower with gasoline when the fire erupted.

Willard and Brigham City fire units were dispatched, as was a Brigham City ambulance and Willard and Perry police officers and a Utah Highway Patrol trooper.  The victim was transported to  Brigham City Community Hospital where a Life Flight helicopter transferred him to the burn unit at University of Utah Hospital.

Mund said the estimated loss is $80,000 to $90,000, including the shop and a number of vehicles housed there.

Share

Leave a Reply

Special Issues


 Powered by Max Banner Ads 

Organ Donation

Performing Arts

Sportsman’s Spotlight

Car Care Guide 2014

Health and Wellness Guide 2014

2014 Winter Sports Preview



 Powered by Max Banner Ads 
Advertise here, call us at 435-257-5182.
 Powered by Max Banner Ads