Home burns in Corinne
Friday filled with fires
A house fire, five brush fires and a pipe bomb kept fire crews and law enforcement busy on Friday, Feb. 24.
At about 2 p.m., on Friday afternoon, Corinne fire crews responded to a house fire at 3997 N. 3300 W. Corinne Fire Chief Clint Norman said the home, owned by Lynn and Jackie Barker, had an estimated $60,000 to $80,000 damage and was started by a fire in the chimney. The Corinne department was joined by crews from Brigham City, and Central Box Elder Fire District brought a water tender to help battle the blaze, as there were no fire hydrants near the home.
An addition to the home where the fireplace was located was destroyed, but firefighters were able to keep the damaged contained to that area, Norman said. “We appreciate the help from the other department,” he said. “They did an outstanding job.”
(For the rest of the story pick up a copy of the paper at the Leader or call 435-257-5182 to subscribe.)