Powered by Max Banner Ads 

Promontory Pointers 11-23-11


Winnie Richman

Leader Correspondent


On Veteran’s Day, Orson Poulsen helped Eli Anderson get his parade of military wagons from Anderson’s home to Midland Square in Tremonton. The wagons were pulled with teams of horses on loan from Hardware Ranch and the Heritage Foundation from Utah State University in Logan/Wellsville. Orson provided and drove his Halflinger. During the time in harness, the teams experienced a military band and a 21-gun salute.

Boyd Udy’s fence is progressing rapidly. He is planting the upright pipe posts and capping them with a welded-on continuous pipe top. He then places rods in between the upright posts. It really looks good. Boyd reports his weaned foals are doing good. “But I really don’t like the snow,” he says.

Laura Wheatley reports her family’s week was devoted to chopping wood for their fireplace.

This page is sponsored by Bank of Utah.

On Monday, Winnie Richman met her son Lyle in Logan at L.W. Miller’s semi parking lot. She drove them to lunch. “I love to see him drive his semi truck so skillfully,” Winnie says.

On Wednesday Winnie drove to her art class in Clearfield where she finished two 8×10 canvasses. She then took her Volkswagen to Brigham City. “Thank you, Travis Hansen, for doing my 50,000-mile check up and changing the oil.”

On Thursday Winnie began preparing a turkey dinner for her and Clynn’s hunting/fencing friends to be served Saturday. She also took the truck to town for some fencing supplies and a few more things for the dinner.

On Friday Winnie had a doctor appointment in Logan and thanks Heather Allred at Rocky Mountain Dermatology for freezing off some pre-cancerous growths.

Dinner of turkey, stuffing, potatoes and gravy, salad, jellied cranberry sauce and chocolate cake was ready on time Saturday for the dozen or so hunters/fencers. The group elected to eat outside in spite of the weather. The 20-pound turkey disappeared in a hurry. Clynn thanks them for the wonderful fencing they all did.

Sunday church began at 8:15 a.m. with choir practice before their sacrament meeting performance at 9 a.m. All went well. Winnie came home, reported to Clynn and took a nap.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *