Powered by Max Banner Ads 



Winnie Richman

Leader Correspondent

Orson and Jeannette Poulsen claim to have a quiet week. They attended an auction in Idaho where Greg Marble was the auctioneer. They came home with some old work horse collars which Orson will turn into frames for mirrors. He also brought home an industrial-strength sewing machine for his leather projects. Jeannette is still helping some of her sons in Salt Lake City.

Laura Wheatley reports their whole family went trick-or-treating. Everly dressed as a butterfly and Georgia was dressed as a little devil. She kept taking off her horns. Grandma Wheatley joined the younger Wheatley’s as they drove to Logan to Walmart and the Cache Valley Mall. Both businesses were handing out treats to the costumed people in attendance.

Boyd Udy reports being in Ogden all week with a big bay gelding who is the son of Crocker. This horse helped Boyd move cattle for the big cutting horse event. Shane Haviland and his horse helped Boyd, taking the place of Boyd’s son, Tyrell who is working in Kansas. Boyd says he hears often from Ty and how much he enjoys his job there. When Boyd was asked for some special moments he said, “Every day was wonderful just working with the horses and cattle.”

Jim and Starr Mitchell had a full week. They got some trees cut down and the men cleaned up. Steve Peterson brought his log splitter and split the wood. Jim then hauled it to the outside wood pile for winter use.

Kaye Draper spent some time in a hospital in Salt Lake City recently. While there her tomato plant didn’t get watered. “When I got home,” Kaye says, “I thought it was dead.” However, a little water revived it.

On Monday Kaye went to work at the Member Location Department. On her way to her square dancing club meeting she was rear ended in her truck. We sympathize with Kaye on the death of her sister-in-law in California.

Cleo and Gary Petit report keeping warm and doing things around their place. Cleo is feeling better now.

Winnie attended piano lessons for Marriah and Skyler Richman on Tuesday. On Wednesday Winnie and Carolyn Carter enjoyed their day at art. Winnie is nearly finished with her latest portrait and Carolyn is working with a Christmas-themed picture.

On Friday and Saturday Clynn and Winnie cheered for the winners in the Breeders’ Cup races on TV. After the races on Saturday, son Aaron and his friend Dennis Olsen, came to the ranch to help Winnie with a few things. After the work, Winnie served some chili to everyone. “In all my married life,” Winnie says, “I have never been able to make a good batch of chili.” Recently Winnie happened on a chili flavoring packet and, following the directions, did make a great batch of chili.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *